1. Material options
- The unique Baltibond hybrid coating is standard for maximum equipment life. This hybrid polymer coating is applied before assembly to all hot-dip galvanized steel components of the unit.
- Optional stainless steel panels and structural elements of type 304L or 316L for extreme applications.
- Or the economical alternative: a water-contact stainless steel cold water basin. Its key components and the basin itself are stainless steel. The rest is protected with the Baltibond hybrid coating.
2. Heat transfer media
- Our heat transfer media is a condensing coil. Its thermal performance is proven during comprehensive lab thermal performance tests, and it offers you unrivalled system efficiency.
- The coil is constructed of prime surface steel, hot-dip galvanized after fabrication. Designed for maximum 23 bar operating pressure according to PED. Pneumatically tested at 34 bar.
All hot dip galvanized and stainless steel coils are delivered with BAC's Internal Coil Corrosion Protection, to ensure an optimal internal corrosion protection and guaranteed quality.
Try our Polairis coil options:
- Extended surface coils with selected rows, finned at 3 to 5 fins per inch and hot-dip galvanized after fabrication, for dry operation during winter time.
- Multiple circuit coils (split coils) for your halo carbon refrigerants, maintaining individual compressor systems. Or use it for compressor jacket water or glycol cooling.
- Stainless steel coils are in type 304L or 316L.
- High pressure coils are designed for 28 bar operating pressure and pneumatically tested for 40 bar. Hot-dip galvanized after fabrication.
All coils are designed for low pressure drop with sloping tubes for free drainage of fluid.
- The air movement system consists of multiple, direct driven radial fans made of aluminum, mounted on EC motors with integrated control electronics. They are completely maintenance free and guarantee redundancy.
- Air guiding channels installed above the fans allow a direct, vertical and uniform air distribution over the entire footprint of the condensing coil for optimal heat transfer.
- EC motors have an efficiency level that significantly exceeds efficiency class IE4 and enable speed control without an additional variable frequency drive and shielded cables.
- The EC motors are wired to an IP66 terminal box, to avoid time-consuming on-site wiring.
- Drift eliminators come in UV-resistant plastic, which will not rot, decay or decompose and their performance is tested and certified by Eurovent. They are assembled in easily handled and removable sections, for easy inspection of the water distribution system.
Steel drift eliminators, protected with the unique Baltibond hybrid coating for optimal corrosion protection, are also available for specific applications.
4. Water distribution system
These consist of:
Spray branches with wide non-clog plastic nozzles, secured by rubber grommets. You can easily remove, clean and flush both nozzles and spray branches from outside the unit.
Sloping channels that are continuously cleaned through direct impact of falling spray water, minimizing the need for maintenance
A sloping and free draining cold water basin with minimal surface and volume, which makes it subject to high turbulences during operation, thereby reducing the need for cleaning and chemical usage.
A close couple, bronze fitted centrifugal spray pump with totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) motor, installed horizontally to reduce the basin water volume. Water treatment system connections in the pump piping and cold water basin are provided as standard.
The dry area underneath the sloping channels is accessible via the man-sized rectangular access door and provides full access to all components of the lower section without the need to step into any wet areas, thus making it quick and safe to inspect and maintain the system.
Like to know more about the Polairis construction details? Contact your local BAC representative.