- Extremely reliable
- Ultra compact
- Minimal maintenance and easy inspection
- The PolairisTM evaporative condenser's design incorporates all experience BAC acquired over the last decades with thousands of VXC units installed globally since 1978.
- Fan drive systems are located inside the unit, in the dry air, preventing condensation and eliminating corrosion issues and premature failures.
- Direct driven fans eliminate potential mechanical failures.
- Multiple, individually driven fans guarantee redundancy.
- Baltibond hybrid coating for maximum equipment life, with corrosion resistance equivalent to SST 304L.
- Dry operation possible.
- The most efficient counterflow evaporative condenser on the market.
- Available up to 1915kW (@35.7/25.6°C).
- Maximum thermal performance on a truck for minimal transport costs.
- Compact design for confined spaces, with single-side air inlet lets you install next to solid walls.
- Units housable indoors thanks to radial fans allowing intake or discharge ductwork.
Minimal maintenance and easy to inspect
- Direct driven fans require no maintenance at all.
- The DiamondClear® Design offers a continuous self-cleaning operation. The need for maintenance is minimized by using fully sloping surfaces, a constant impact of falling spray water and high water velocities.
- Collection basin covers only a fraction of the unit footprint, which makes it subject to higher turbulences. Together with the significantly lower volume (25% reduction versus conventional evaporative condensers), this reduces the chemical usage and need for cleaning.
- Unmatched accessibility to the basin, drives and fans in the dry section, via the mansized access door at ground level.
- Water distribution system is easily accessible from outside.
- Baltibond hybrid coating for a smooth surface finish that facilitates internal cleaning.
- Evaporative condensers yield the lowest condensing temperatures and hereby minimize the system energy consumption.
- Extremely efficient Whisper Quiet radial fans.
- EC/PM motors have superior efficiency that exceeds the IE4 requirements. Integrated electronics of the motors allow for variable speed control at a significantly reduced power consumption compared to AC motors with VFD (without the need for electronic filters and shielded cables). AC motors available as alternative when no speed control is required.
- Lifetime efficiency thanks to the extreme maintenance and inspection capabilities
- The DiamondClear® Design offers a continuous self-cleaning operation. During standstill the sloping surfaces fully drain, avoiding stagnant water and the risk of sedimentation of impurities.
- A completely encased collection basin eliminates any sunlight ingress, preventing biological growth.
- Baltibond hybrid coating for a smooth surface finish that reduces biofilm development.
- The floor is fully sloped towards the drain - also in the dry section - for easy cleaning.
- Water treatment system connections are provided as standard.
- The access door is located in the dry area, eliminating any leakage risk.
- Silent radial fans are standard.
- Single side air inlet allows directing the quiet unit rear towards noise sensitive areas.
- Sound attenuation is available for the most stringent sound requirements.
Interested in the Polairis condenser for your industrial refrigeration application? Contact your local BAC representative for more information.