- Low energy consumption
- Low noise
- Easy to maintain
Low energy consumption
- Evaporative cooling for system-wide energy saving at lower operating temperatures.
- Axial fan uses half the energy of similar centrifugal fan units.
- The thermal performance of the PTE is tested and certified by Eurovent.
- Factory tested high efficiency Versapak fill with maximum air/water contact at low air pressure drops
- High efficiency fan motors
- PTE features low noise axial fans. To reduce noise even further, choose for Whisper Quiet fans.
- Factory designed, tested and rated sound attenuation is available on the discharge for further noise reduction.
- Water silencers achieve noise levels close to those of crossflow towers. Water silencers come always with Whisper Quiet fans.
Easy to maintain
- The PTE open cooling tower is easier to maintain than other induced draft counterflow cooling towers.
- BranchLok water distribution - each branch removable for easy cleaning.
- Combined inlet shields for easy no-tool removal.
- Fill bundle modules, with optional handles and removable side panels for better and easier fill inspection and replacement.
- Motor adjusters: externally accessible and locking wrench for easy motor alignment and belt tensioning.
- Full cold water basin access when removing the combined inlet shields.
- Fans easy accessible via sliding access door.
- Optional clean out port helps remove silt and sludge from the cooling tower basin.
- Removable suction strainer anti-vortex hood.
Ship and install PTE easily
- The leak-free InterLok system means swift PTE tower on-site assembly. Install the basin on the upper section with no sealer tape in between!
- Compact PTE footprint – perfect for confined spaces.
- Container shipment often possible!
- Easy-clean and easy-inspect PTE towers reduce hygiene risks from bacteria (eg Legionella) or biofilm inside.
- Self-cleaning cold water basin and fill above sloped basin to flush out dirt and debris.
- Factory tested and Eurovent certified high efficient drift eliminators.
- Combined inlet shields block sunlight to prevent biological growth in the tower, filter the air and stop water splashing outside.
- Optional sump sweeper piping prevents sediment collecting in the cold water basin.
Interested in the PTE cooling towers for cooling your process water? Contact your BAC representative for more information.