- Lowest energy consumption and total cost of ownership
- Year round reliable operation
- Ideal replacement unit with certified thermal performance
Lowest energy consumption and total cost of ownership
- Evaporative cooling for system-wide energy saving at lower operating temperatures.
- The highly efficient OptiCoil System increases thermal performance up to 30% for the same coil volume lowering the installed fan power by up to 50%.
- Elimination of potentially excessive operating costs. PFI is Eurovent-CTI certified for both water and glycol. This guarantees thermal performance and it eliminates field thermal performance testing costs.
- System pump energy savings obtained through shorter coil circuits resulting in lower coil pressure drops.
- Savings on maintenance and water treatment because the closed loop in PFI cooling towers ensures a contaminant-free cooling circuit.
- Lower installed costs. PFI has a lower weight, reducing structural and vibration isolation costs. Less glycol is required to achieve the same or higher heat transfer.
- Water and chemical savings up to 33% because Baltibond Hybrid Coating allows higher cycles of concentration.
Year round reliable operation
- Trouble free process operation - The closed loop in PFI cooling towers protects the process fluid and equipment from external contaminations.
- The thermal performance of PFI closed circuit cooling towers is tested and certified by Eurovent.
- For extremely cold weather operation, switch off the spray system during periods of reduced load and operate dry.
- Optimal thermal performance through lifetime. Lab tests have proven that the OptiCoil System reduces scale formation on the coil.
- Minimum maintenance and downtime- Complete and easy access to all critical components, including coil.
- Easy-clean and easy-inspect PFI towers reduce hygiene risks from bacteria (e.g. Legionella) or biofilm inside.
- Self-cleaning cold water basin sloping towards drain, to prevent sediment build up.
- Combined inlet shields block sunlight to prevent biological growth in the tower, filter the air and stop water splashing outside.
Ideal replacement unit with certified thermal performance
- Same or higher capacity. Ideal like-for-like solution, performing per published ratings. The PFI is independently Eurovent-CTI certified for various process fluids.
- A variety of fans is available to offer the perfect solution for every sound challenge.
- Water silencers achieve noise levels close to those of crossflow towers. Water silencers come always with Whisper Quiet fans.
- Factory designed, tested and rated sound attenuation is available on the discharge for further noise reduction.
Easy to maintain
- The PFI closed circuit cooling tower is easier to maintain than other induced draft counterflow cooling towers.
- Optional coil inspection hatches allow complete and easy access to heat transfer section
- BranchLok water distribution - each branch removable for easy cleaning.
- Combined inlet shields for easy no-tool removal.
- Motor adjusters: externally accessible and locking wrench for easy motor alignment and belt tensioning.
- Full cold water basin access when removing the combined inlet shields.
- Fans easy accessible via sliding access door.
- Optional clean out port helps remove silt and sludge from the cooling tower basin.
- Removable suction strainer anti-vortex hood.
Ship and install PFI easily
- Guide pins mean swift PFI cooling tower on-site assembly. The guide pins help reduce section assembly time by up to 75 %!
- Compact PFI footprint – perfect for confined spaces.
- Container shipment often possible!
Interested in the PFI closed circuit cooling tower for cooling your process fluid? Contact your local BAC representative for more information.