Closed circuit cooling towers
BAC closed circuit cooling towers PFI, FXVS and FXVT are CTI certified. Read the benefits of certified cooling towers.
Closed circuit cooling towers or fluid coolers operate just like the open type, but dissipate the process fluid heat load into the ambient air via a heat exchange coil. This isolates the process fluid from the outside air, keeping it clean and free of contamination in a closed loop and creating 2 separate fluid circuits:
- An external circuit, in which spray water circulates over the coil and mixes with the outside air.
- An internal circuit, in which the process fluid circulates inside the coil.
During the evaporative cooling operation, heat goes from the internal circuit, via the coil to the spray water, and then to the open air as a portion of the evaporating water.
The key benefits of fluid coolers are:
- Contaminant-free cooling circuit
- Dry operation in winter
- Reduced system maintenance
- Lower overall system costs thanks to year-round savings on maintenance, water, energy and water treatment
A unique benefit for all BAC closed circuit cooling tower customers:
- the patented Baltibond hybrid coating
Baltimore Aircoil offers various closed circuit cooling tower configurations, each of which offers you specific benefits as listed below.
|BAC closed circuit cooling towers|
|Water saving technology||•||•|
|Specific product line benefits
|Operational safety (hygiene)||++||++||+++||+++||+++||+++||++|
Want to know more about closed circuit cooling towers? Ask your local BAC representative for more information.