Each fan shaft has a specific design, in line with the drive specification. Fan shafts are tested in the BAC R&D laboratories.
- Ground and polished for easy bearing and drive component installation.
- Available in multiple materials of construction.
- Grooved flats for positive, secure set-screw installation.
- Replacement kits with coupling available for installation when access limitations.
- Specially selected tubing materials ensure strength and durability.
- Precision manufactured for vibration-free operation.
- Epoxy-coated for corrosion resistance.
- Journals are ground and polished for an accurate fit and easy bearing installation.
Composite drive shaft
- Specially designed shafts including couplings.
- Typically used in big gear-driven induced draft cooling towers.
- Composite material makes it fully resistant against corrosion.
- Low weight and high strength, reducing vibration and extending service life.
Maintenance tip !
BAC recommends when replacing the fan-shaft to also replace the bearings and appropriate bushings.
When installing fan wheels on hollow shafts, make sure to apply the adhesive under the fan tabs, to prevent the fan-wheel from slipping on the shaft.
When installing fan wheels on solid shafts, make sure the set-screw is properly aligned with the grooved flat when the set screw is tightened, to prevent the fan-wheel from slipping on the shaft.
Want to replace the fan shafts of your BAC cooling equipment? Contact your local BAC representative.