Dry and adiabatic cooling
Dry or air cooled products
Dry or air-cooled products cool liquids or condensate gases in closed circuits via sensible heat transfer from high-density finned coil to air at ambient dry bulb temperature.
- Eliminates water treatment and reduces water usage
- Eliminates plumes
- Reduced maintenance
- Eliminates Legionella risks
Why go for evaporative rather than dry cooling?
- When you need a fluid outlet temperature close to the design ambient dry bulb temperature
- To save on energy costs
- If the cooling unit plan area is compact or restricted
Adiabatic products are air-cooled coolers or condensers with adiabatic pre-coolers. Before the fan draws the ambient air through the finned coil, the air is pre-cooled adiabatically when traversing an humidification pad. This evaporates the water in the air, thus boosting the cooling capacity.
- low process temperatures
- saves more than 80% on annual water compared to cooling towers
- up to 40% increased capacity compared to dry cooling (air temperatures approaching wet bulb temperature)
- reduced energy consumption
- operational safety: no water recirculation, no stagnant water, no aerosol generation, no water carry-over.
|BAC dry and adiabatic cooling products|
|Specific product line benefits
|Operational safety (hygiene)||+++||+++||+++||+++||+++|
Want to use BAC's dry or adiabatic products for your process cooling? Contact your local BAC representative for guidance.
- No or less water usage
- No water treatment
- Less maintenance
- Operational safety