Low energy consumption
- Evaporative cooling for system-wide energy saving at lower operating temperatures.
- Axial fan uses half the energy of similar centrifugal fan units.
- The thermal performance of the PTE is tested and certified by Eurovent.
- Factory tested high efficiency Versapak fill with maximum air/water contact at low air pressure drops
- High efficiency fan motors
- PTE features low noise axial fans. To reduce noise even further, choose for Whisper Quiet fans.
- Factory designed, tested and rated sound attenuation is available on the discharge for further noise reduction.
- Water silencers achieve noise levels close to those of crossflow towers. Water silencers come always with Whisper Quiet fans.
Easy to maintain
- The PTE open cooling tower is easier to maintain than other induced draft counterflow cooling towers.
- BranchLok water distribution - each branch removable for easy cleaning.
- Combined inlet shields for easy no-tool removal.
- Fill bundle modules, with optional handles and removable side panels for better and easier fill inspection and replacement.
- Motor adjusters: externally accessible and locking wrench for easy motor alignment and belt tensioning.
- Full cold water basin access when removing the combined inlet shields.
- Fans easy accessible via sliding access door.
- Optional clean out port helps remove silt and sludge from the cooling tower basin.
- Removable suction strainer anti-vortex hood.
Ship and install PTE easily
- The leak-free InterLok system means swift PTE tower on-site assembly. Install the basin on the upper section with no sealer tape in between!
- Compact PTE footprint – perfect for confined spaces.
- Container shipment often possible!
- Easy-clean and easy-inspect PTE towers reduce hygiene risks from bacteria (eg Legionella) or biofilm inside.
- Self-cleaning cold water basin and fill above sloped basin to flush out dirt and debris.
- Factory tested and Eurovent certified high efficient drift eliminators.
- Combined inlet shields block sunlight to prevent biological growth in the tower, filter the air and stop water splashing outside.
- Optional sump sweeper piping prevents sediment collecting in the cold water basin.
Interested in the PTE cooling towers for cooling your process water? Contact your BAC representative for more information.
Counter flow, axial fan, induced draft
10 - 140 l/s
Maximum entering water temperature
55°C standard fill
65°C with alternative fill
- Small to large industrial applications
- Dirty water applications
- Replacement of field erected towers with basinless units